- No, Verizon's not going to miss a chance to suggest how the government should spend the some $7 billion in Recovery Act funds. Why is it that Verizon doesn't come to mind when I think "rural broadband rollouts"?
- Are widgets going to revolutionize TV? Some are saying so in the headlines, but we should tap the brakes a bit. Early efforts like AT&T's U-Bar are slow and horrible. More evolved attempts at widgetry, I've been told, will allow consumers to, for instance, browse Hulu.com content with their current TV service. But in that specific case, lots of NBC Universal content is available via VoD, for free, so why bother with the widget?
Show me a TV widget with a real business model behind it and I'll highlight it right here.
- Telcos: Take those old circuit switches and make them into modern fossils. Then sprinkle them across the lawn of your corporate campus as conceptual art. Just a suggestion…
- I was going to write something about Huawei here, but I can't find my notebook. Or my pen. Or my wallet. Hey, what's going on here?
- Here's why our Cable Digital News site editor has a lampshade on his head (today).