This week we look at content delivery and the cloud, plus LTE in Asia-Pacific, specifically South Korea. We also spotlight Pyramid's new quarterly telecom forecasts, free content available at Pyramid's website and our 4G consulting services. And do you want to be an MVP? Read all about it in this week's edition of Research Rewind.
- What exactly is the difference between the content delivery network and the cloud anyway? And could they someday merge into one? Inquiring minds want to know, and Heavy Reading Senior Analyst Aditya Kishore provides the answer in his Heavy Lifting Analyst Note.
- Pyramid Research is about to publish an extensive report on the present and future of LTE in Asia-Pacific. For a preview, see the Pyramid Point blog post reporting some news on the LTE front: "SK Telecom & U+ Launch LTE in South Korea." (Are you a global operator or service provider wondering how you can profit from 4G/LTE? Check out our Heavy Reading/Pyramid 4G Consulting Service.)
- Pyramid has just updated some of its most popular quarterly telecom forecasts in areas such as Mobile Data, Mobile Demand and and Fixed Operator Market Share. Visit our Forecast Services page to download free samples of all our forecasts.
- As a reminder, you can download free excerpts of all 60 of Pyramid Research's Country Intelligence Reports (one for each country we cover). There are five-year telecom forecasts for developed and emerging markets around the world, from Cameroon to Canada.
- You don't need to play sports to be an MVP. Become a Heavy Reading MVP to get exclusive previews of Heavy Reading's upcoming research, discounts on research purchases -- and even the chance to earn free reports and free passes toHeavy Reading events.
That's Research Rewind for this week. Until next Friday, we'll see you online at Pyramid Research and Heavy Reading. May the telecom be with you!
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research