Apple sued Samsung in Japan last month claiming iPhone and iPad patent infringements and reportedly wants ¥100 million (US$1.3 million) in damages as well as a ban on certain Galaxy smartphones and tablets in the country.
The court hearing in Tokyo is unfortunately timed for Docomo because the fate of its Samsung Galaxy LTE tablet now looks uncertain.
The patent battle between Apple and Samsung, as well as other Android device makers, has gone global. The "FOSS Patents" blog has a list of all the court cases between the two companies here.
And here's Light Reading Mobile's coverage of the latest smartphone patent plays:
- Apple vs. Android Patent Spat Goes Global
- Apple Escalates Samsung Lawsuit
- Apple Sues Samsung for iCopying
- OS Watch: Samsung Countersues Apple
- Google Slams Android Patent Attackers
- Apple Wins Patent Victory Over HTC
- Google & Moto: Beyond the Patently Obvious
- HTC Buys a Patent Power Play
— Michelle Donegan, European Editor, Light Reading Mobile