x
ADTRAN, Inc.

Adtran Reports Record Q2 Earnings

Operator demand for software-defined networks helped Adtran generate record second-quarter sales of $184.7 million for the period that ended June 30, 2017.

By comparison, Adtran earned $162.7 million during the second quarter of 2016, marking an increase of 12%. Earnings were up 14% versus the first quarter of 2017.

Network solutions revenue -- domestic and international -- reached $155.5 million, up 12% over the same period a year ago. Services and support revenue reached $29.1 million, representing 21% growth versus 12 months prior.

When it came to regions, the quarter domestic markets earned $146.7 million (79% of total sales) and international business reached $38 million (21% of total). Year-over-year, domestic sales grew 10% and international sales increased 31%, according to the vendor.

"Both numbers were driven by increasing demand for our ultra high-speed solutions," said Tom Stanton, Adtran chairman and CEO, in an earnings call Tuesday morning.

Read more about Adtran's earnings here on UBB2020.

— Alison Diana, Editor, UBB2020. Follow us on Twitter @UBB2020 or @alisoncdiana.

Duh! 7/20/2017 | 8:02:52 PM
Re: Carriers going John Gault? /Sarcasm

Free Press demolishes that claim in their well researched and well reasoned comments.
James_B_Crawshaw 7/20/2017 | 6:56:40 PM
Re: Carriers going John Gault? I think ADTRAN's growth is being driven by Enterprise telecoms, specifically CenturyLink and Windstream. 

But its unclear that even the consumer oriented telcos have curtailed investment in broadband due to Title II:

http://www.lightreading.com/net-neutrality/the-title-ii-capex-argument-is-ridiculous/a/d-id/732427?
Duh! 7/20/2017 | 5:25:39 PM
Carriers going John Gault? "domestic markets earned $146.7 million (79% of total sales).... Year-over-year, domestic sales grew 10%  according to the vendor."

According to Chairman Pai, none of this is happening, because all the Broadband ISPs are on some kind of a slow-down because of Title II classification.

Anyway, congrats to Adtran on a great quarter.
HOME
Sign In
SEARCH
CLOSE
MORE
CLOSE