Covering all major 3G elements of the Actix product family, including Actix Analyzer, Actix Radioplan, and Actix Spotlight, the new HSPA capabilities re-confirm Actix as the market leading solution for radio network performance optimization.
With more than one hundred HSDPA networks currently in deployment, dozens of operators have an urgent need to support a timely and cost-effective rollout. "It's interesting that in some countries networks are leapfrogging directly to HSPA during their initial deployments of W-CDMA," said Johannes Huebner, Actix Product Director. "HSPA is clearly the next step in W-CDMA technology, and we're happy to be able to announce that Actix is already fully able to support that advanced capability. Our products will help carriers get to market much faster, and with lower deployment costs."
Actix's HSPA functionality - which covers performance analysis, automatic cell and neighbor planning, and intelligent prioritization - delivers strong benefits in a wide range of areas:
- Detection of pilot dominance issues for HSDPA enables automatic identification of network problems, improving service quality and maximizing service revenue
- HSDPA low throughput performance analysis features highly configurable criteria, allowing rapid identification of problems, enabling a faster, more accurate root cause analysis
- HSDPA call drop and call setup failure can be identified in seconds, allowing swift resolution to follow
- HSDPA network acceptance allows networks to roll out much more quickly and smoothly, and enables carriers to standardize and automate the integration and acceptance of new network infrastructure
- Dynamic simulation of HSDPA/HSUPA networks enables accurate planning and advanced QoS validation
- Per cell HSDPA optimization for hybrid networks during rollout/growth simplifies the complexity of multi-technology network performance