Sprint Ups 4G LTE Markets to 58
Sprint Nextel Inc. is finally starting to get its Long Term Evolution (LTE) service into more big cities, with nine new 4G markets launched today, including Boston. The operator said Monday morning that it now has 4G LTE in 58 towns and cities. The list of market now includes:
- Aguadilla, Isabela, Cabo Rojo and Mayagüez, Puerto Rico
- Austin, Texas
- College Station/Bryan, Texas
- Columbia, Tenn.
- Emporia, Kan.
- Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Framingham, Mass.
Sprint is still the operator with the third largest LTE footprint in the U.S. Here's how the pack breaks out: Why this matters Sprint is still trailing its larger rivals in the 4G race. The operator recently said that it had 28 other LTE markets ready to go in the coming months, and over 100 in the works. For more
- Sprint Expands 4G LTE to 58 Markets
- Sprint Teases 28 LTE Markets Coming 'Soon'
- Sprint's 4G LTE: The Numbers Game