SAN FRANCISCO -- OFC 2014 -- Service providers and networking vendors descended on the City by the Bay this week to learn about the latest advances in optical technology and fuel up on seafood and gourmet coffee.
Light Reading was there with notebook and camera in hand. Click the image below for a gallery of photos.
And for more on the OFC 2014 conference, see our exhaustive coverage:
- OMG... It's OFC! Part 1
- Open Source Breaks Optical Barriers
- Going Beyond 100G? Not So Fast
- ClariPhy Tackles Coherent Metro Nets
- Windstream Taps Infinera for National Buildout
- Who Will Buy Intune Networks?
- Infinera Flexes Its Multi-Layer Muscles
- SDN Specs Bodies Come Under Fire
- Calient, Packetcounter Team on 40G
- Vendors Form Data Center 100G WDM Group
- Anritsu Unveils 400G Test Solution
- JDSU Preps Optical Components, Test Gear for OFC
- Fujitsu Demos, Launches Products at OFC
- The Most Depressing And/Or Inspirational Thing You'll Read Today
- OFC: Ciena Smartens Up Photonic Layer
- White Boxes Don't Scale
Want to learn more about SDN and the transport network? Check out the agenda for Light Reading's Big Telecom Event (BTE), which will take place on June 17 and 18 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. The event combines the educational power of interactive conference sessions devised and hosted by Heavy Reading's experienced industry analysts with multi-vendor interoperability and proof-of-concept networking and application showcases. For more on the event, the topics, and the stellar service provider speaker lineup, see Telecommunication Luminaries to Discuss the Hottest Industry Trends at Light Reading's Big Telecom Event in June.