LTE Hits the Ton: Now Live in 100 Countries
There are now 4G LTE networks live in 100 countries around the world. The Global Mobile Suppliers Association (GSA) said Wednesday that 268 LTE networks are in commercial service 'round the globe. The supplier organization says that the commercial deployments are up 56% since 2012.
Peru, Cambodia, and Ghana are among the latest nations to get LTE service. The GSA is expecting that more than 350 commercial LTE networks will be live by the end of 2014.
- LTE Device Numbers Double in 2013 – GSA
- LTE to Cover Half the Globe by 2017 – GSMA
- GSA: Over 1,000 LTE Devices Now Available
- GSA: 87 Devices Now Support LTE-Advanced
- What We Mean When We Say '4G'
— Dan Jones, Mobile Editor, Light Reading