France Telecom Reports 2012 Financials
- Orange was ranked the best network by the French regulator ARCEP for the third consecutive year
- after a difficult first half, the success of the new Sosh, Open and Origami segmented offers helped to stabilise the mobile market share at 37.3% (31 December 2012) and to regain a total mobile base of more than 27 million customers
- the good performance on indirect expenses and commercial costs partially offset the increase in interconnection costs linked to voice and SMS/MMS traffic.
- in France, the mobile customer base rose 0.4% in the year
- in Europe (excluding France), the mobile customer base grew 0.4%(1) and 4G was launched in six countries. In Spain, Orange was the market leader in mobile number portability in 2012 and mobile contracts rose 6.4%, while the fixed broadband customer base increased 10.3%
- Africa and the Middle East had 81.6 million mobile customers at 31 December 2012, up 9.4% year on year (7.0 million net additions).
- In France, the decline in mobile services revenues was limited to 0.9%. The national roaming contract signed with the new market entrant partially offset the impact of price decreases
- in Europe (excluding France), revenues rose 0.9% with a 3.6% increase in Spain led by growth in fixed broadband and the rapid development of mobile Internet browsing
- in Africa and the Middle East, revenue growth continued to be strong at 5.3%, led by Côte d’Ivoire and Guinea.
-1.841 billion euros in 2012 and -991 million euros in 2011). On a published basis, it was 820 million euros in 2012 compared to 3.895 billion in 2011.
- accelerating the transformation of the Group’s cost structure in order to reduce the cost base in 2013, and generate revenue growth in mobile data services of at least 10% for the Group,
- France: stabilising market share in the mobile segment at a level above 35% and reaching 4G coverage of 30% of the population by the end of 2013. In the fixed segment, including the Livebox Play with at least 50% of all broadband sales, and doubling the optical fibre customer base,
- Europe: marketing convergent offers in seven countries; launching at least six mobile network sharing programmes across the zone; increasing the Net Promoter Score in all countries,
- Africa and the Middle East: reaching 8 million Orange Money customers and 12 million devices compatible with data services (+70%) by the end of the year; reduce the churn rate for mobile offers by 20%,
- Enterprise: generating more than 30% growth in cloud computing over the course of the year; double digit revenue growth in emerging countries; improving customer satisfaction across the footprint. France Télécom – Orange