Nomadix Supports Hotspots
BOSTON -- Nomadix, Inc. (www.nomadix.com), the leading supplier of Public-access solutions, today announced a new version of its Network Service EngineTM software, providing enhanced features for mobile operators. The latest version of the software, unveiled this week at the 802.11 Planet Conference & Expo, delivers enhanced roaming, security, high-availability and increased billing and management capabilities for large-scale deployments of Wi-Fi Public-access networks. This software release will be available on the Nomadix family of Access Gateways and available for license as an embedded software solution.
“Nomadix is offering the most robust feature set designed to deliver a full suite of solutions supporting the deployment of Wi-Fi Public-access,” said John DiGiovanni, director of marketing for Nomadix. “We remain focused on delivering solutions that allow operators to deploy cost-effective, profitable Wi-Fi Public-access networks.”
“Nomadix continues to lead the public-access market with its solutions delivering enhanced security and reliability to mobile operators,” said Andrew Yorra, vice president of sales and business development for Eleven Wireless. “We will continue to integrate our Wi-Fi operations platform with Nomadix’ Gateways to provide the most reliable, scalable and flexible Wi-Fi solution on the market.”
The Network Service Engine includes the following upgraded features:
- Enhanced Roaming. The implementation of advanced NAI routing capabilities enable multiple service providers to access a HotSpot location further supporting a Wi-Fi Wholesale model while allowing the consumer to only interact with their chosen provider.
- Security. Session Rate Limiting and MAC filtering provide enhancements to Nomadix’ Access Control technology, significantly reducing the risks of Denial of Service attacks.
- High Availability. Network uptime and service availability are key factors in delivering a high-quality Wi-Fi service. Nomadix’ Fail-Over feature allows a secondary Gateway to be placed in the network that can take over if the primary device fails, ensuring Wi-Fi service remains uninterrupted.
- Billing. Nomadix adds support for duration-based billing, allowing providers to set up billing plans that are based on purchasing a block of time to be used over a set duration of time. Other billing improvements involve specific areas for the Hospitality industry, including the ability to post in-room billing records over a TCP/IP connection.
- Network Management. This release creates an architecture for facilitating the rapid deployment of locations utilizing Nomadix’ products and enables the secure management of our Access Gateways.
The latest version of the Network Service Engine is scheduled for release on Nomadix’ family of Access Gateways including the HotSpot GatewayTM and the Universal Subscriber Gateway IITM at the end of July and will also be available as a firmware upgrade. Attendees can experience the ease and security of a Nomadix-enabled Public-access Wi-Fi network at the 802.11 Planet Conference & Expo at the World Trade Center in Boston, Mass., June 25-27, 2003. The company will be exhibiting its products at Booth #414 during the conference.