Hammerhead Releases Ethernet Suite
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Hammerhead Systems, Inc. today announced the availability of a comprehensive suite of Ethernet features on the HSX 6000 Layer 2.5 Aggregation Platform enabling service providers to address key network requirements for IPTV and Business-Class Ethernet service offerings. The HSX 6000 is the only solution that provides the combination of industry leading density for Gigabit Ethernet aggregation, complete service interworking of Ethernet with legacy corporate data services, and granular QoS that ensures service guarantees for real-time and non real-time services ownership, at half the cost of alternative solutions.
Hammerhead’s Layer 2.5 solution is the only central office-based data platform available today supporting GFP (Generic Framing Protocol), and enabling an efficient way for service providers with large SONET/SDH networks to extend those networks to offer new business and residential services such as GPON and IPTV, accelerated by immediate savings from using existing infrastructure.
The Hammerhead Ethernet suite includes:
- A 10-port Gigabit Ethernet module that provides aggregation of key elements of an IPTV network such as Ethernet–based IP-DSLAMs. The HSX 6000 allows service providers to provide Ethernet switching and aggregation with a total capacity of 960 Gigabit Ethernet ports within a telco rack.
- Granular QoS providing efficient grooming of individual customer data flows and mapping to Layer 3 service attributes, scalable to over a million flows per system.
- Seamless bandwidth expansion and link protection via the IEEE 802.3ad (Link Aggregation) standard, and support for IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN Tagging) and Q-in-Q (VLAN Stacking) to facilitate scalable Ethernet aggregation.
- Support for Next Generation SONET/SDH networks using Ethernet-over-SONET with GFP, VCAT and X.86. The HSX 6000 is the only platform that supports GFP to X.86 interworking.
- Availability of dynamic Pseudowires to enable a controlled migration of customer traffic from legacy networks to MPLS.
Hammerhead provides complete Ethernet interworking with legacy Frame Relay and ATM services and helps carriers seamlessly introduce Ethernet service to their existing customers. The HSX 6000 is the first platform to offer Ethernet-over-DS3 and Ethernet-over-SONET, supporting both GFP and X.86, virtual concatenation (VCAT), and interworking between GFP and X.86.
Hammerhead Systems Inc.