SD-WAN Trends Underscore Need for Testing
Several trends in the SD-WAN market point to its continued vitality: It provides significant value to defray MPLS costs, simplifies and automates WAN operations, and it improves application traffic management.
Additionally, the market opportunities for SD-WAN are broad, including those using SaaS applications, unified communications (UC) services, and those with large numbers of branch offices and mobile workers, because they're all looking for ways to improve network connectivity back to the campus and cloud-based applications.
Recently, four significant announcements have been covered by Light Reading to support these trends:
- Epsilon Launches Unified Platform for On-Demand Connectivity
- Telstra Partners With VeloCloud for Software Defined Networking
- MegaPath Expands SD-WAN Options
- Enterprise Cloud Requires Cloud-Like Carriers -- Riverbed
As these trends in SD-WAN continue, the need for testing and monitoring these services will be paramount. There are a number of such solutions in Testapedia, with a few standouts, including:
- SteelHead SD from Riverbed combines WAN optimization, SD-WAN and cloud networking in a single appliance that includes network performance, application performance monitoring and deep packet inspection (DPI).
- Unity Orchestrator SP from Silver Peak gives service providers visibility and control of multi-tenant SD-WAN deployments, including the ability to monitor each customer's network and application performance.
- The ONT-600 Optical Network Tester Family from Viavi is a multi-application and multi-port platform for system verification and acceptance testing that works on SD-WAN.
More than 700 companies and products are now listed in Testapedia, making it the telecom industry’s most comprehensive resource for all things related to testing and measurement. Some 2,400 test and measurement professionals also are now registered with Testapedia, giving them access not only to vendor and product information but also to the latest industry news and research from Heavy Reading.
To get your company listed in Testapedia, go to the Get Listed tab on the site. To join the growing ranks of the virtualization community and get access to executive summaries of Heavy Reading's research, go to the Register Now tab.
— Denise Culver, Director of Online Research, Heavy Reading