Mobile World Congress: Our Key Players
It's February, the snow won't let up, and thoughts of tapas, small cells, and the crowded streets of Las Ramblas are uppermost in my mind. It can only mean one thing -- it's almost time for Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
If you're going to the show as well, we'd probably love to meet up, but before you pitch Ray on mobile games or Dan Jones on Ethernet, we thought it'd be useful to let you know what key topics we're interested in at the show. It's not an exhaustive list, but, much like the network operators, these coverage areas are our top priorities.
So here are our key players and what they're keen on. If you're a good fit, reach out! If not, no hard feelings. We hope to bump into you on the show floor -- or the bar -- either way.
Light Reading Editors
Ray Le Maistre, Editor in Chief
- Covering: Service Provider IT (SPIT), focusing specifically on software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV); mobile network security; also vino and espresso (V&E)
- See more here: MWC: Pinning Down Hot SPIT
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Jones, Mobile Editor
- Covering: LTE, LTE-Advanced, small cells, weird photo opps
- Contact: email@example.com
Sarah Reedy, Senior Editor
- Covering: Carrier WiFi, voice-over LTE (VoLTE), M2M and next-gen services, food and wine
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heavy Reading Analysts
Patrick Donegan, Senior Analyst
- Covering: Mobile security, backhaul
- Hosting a breakfast on "Creating Trust in the Mobile Network," on February 26. Find more details and register here.
- Contact: email@example.com
Sarah Wallace, Analyst
- Covering: BSS/OSS, Big Data/Analytics, customer/cross-channel experience, and the Collaborative Economy
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graham Finnie, Chief Analyst
- Covering: policy management, RAN congestion control, NFV and SDN
- Contact: email@example.com
Caroline Chappell, Senior Analyst
- Covering: cloud management and orchestration technologies, both NFV and enterprise cloud related; cloud service enablement, virtualization technologies/SDN, next generation OSS for virtualized networks, customer experience management, and service delivery platforms
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Hodges, Senior Analyst
- Covering: virtualization and how it affects IMS, Diameter Signaling Controllers and SBCs, the impact of SDN on application delivery controllers, Diameter adoption, subscriber data management, identity management and analytics, SDN and NFV adoption, and managed services
- Contact: email@example.com
Gabriel Brown, Senior Analyst
- Covering: LTE-Advanced, mobile core network, NFV and SDN in mobile networks
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back to Light Reading all month for coverage leading up to and at the show. See you in Barcelona!
— Sarah Reedy, Senior Editor, Light Reading