The Light Reading Podcast: TIP, MEF & a Visit to Dreamforce
In this inaugural Light Reading podcast, Carol Wilson talks to us about TIP, MEF and the ONAP controversy, while Mitch Wagner recaps his visit to Salesforce.com's Dreamforce event.
A word of explanation: We're trying our hand at a podcast here at Light Reading, and rather than recap the week's news, I thought we'd use this as a vehicle to get more in-depth with the editors around the Light Reading universe.
The podcast is downloadable at Soundcloud -- you have to click on the "More" button to get to that function. A few notes about this week's show:
- Here's our coverage of the Telecom Infra Project summit, starting with Carol's story about TIP's new projects:
- Facebook's TIP Expands Its Influence, Except in the US
- OEMs: Reliance Jio Wants Only Your Software
- TIP Touts Progress in Mobile & Optical
- We mention MEF, LSO and ONAP. That's based on a story from October -- see ONAP & MEF Formally Team on LSO APIs, Framework.
- Here are our point/counterpoint stories on ONAP:
- Mitch Wagner's segment starts just around the 19:00 mark. Here's his coverage from Dreamforce:
- At Dreamforce 2017, Salesforce Doubling Down on AI
- Google's Diane Greene Opens Up on Her Life & Career
- IBM CEO Ginni Rometty: Darn Agile for a 106-Year-Old
- Mitch also mentions dancing mascots and the like. To see what he's talking about, thumb through his 2016 Dreamforce photos.
- For amusement purposes: The Salesforce.com tower is now the dominant feature of the downtown skyline, as The Atlantic muses.
- Music by Christopher Hawes (http://www.smilingcynic.com). © 2006-2014, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
— Craig Matsumoto, Editor-in-Chief, Light Reading